'My wife, Lizzie, and our six kids have been living off the recipes and tips you're about to read for the better part of the last decade. This is an intensely practical book designed to solve an intensely practical problem: how to create high-quality food free of the twin evils of sugar and seed oils.'
For nearly ten years, David Gillespie has warned us of the dangers of sugar, and Australia has listened. More recently he has alerted us to the other toxin in our food supply: seed oil. Most processed food - from French fries to yoghurt to spreadable butter - contains one or both of these ingredients, so the question is: how do we eat real food?
Expanding on his 2015 bestseller Eat Real Food, David shows us how to:
- Identify and avoid sugar- and seed-oil -laden supermarket products
- Identify and shop for the healthy options
- Make the foods we normally buy in jars and packets - from mayonnaise to bread to tomato sauce
- Make simple, inexpensive daily meals the entire family will love
- Pack and plan for meals away from home
- Create healthier treats for all occasions, from kids' birthdays to cocktail parties
The Eat Real Food Cookbook is your guide to saying 'no' to the food that manufacturers want you to eat and 'yes' to the sort of food that will help you manage your weight and the long-term health of your family.
David Gillespie and Maggie Dent in conversation about his newest book TEEN BRAIN.6:00 PM
Join David Gillespie at Byron Bay Writers Festival event ABC North Coast Live Broadcast as he discusses his new book TEEN BRAIN.10:25 AM