TRANSFERRING AN EBOOK TO YOUR DEVICE
If you want to read your ebook on a non-iOS device, first ensure that you’ve downloaded the ebook to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. Your Adobe Digital Editions must also be authorised with an Adobe ID.
Secondly, make sure you have downloaded a reading app on your device that is compatible with Adobe Digital Editions. For most devices, we recommend the free Bluefire Reader app.
Important note: Ensure that you authorise your Bluefire Reader app with the same Adobe ID with which you registered Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. Otherwise you will not be able to transfer your ebook to your device.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR iOS DEVICES
If you are using an iOS device, you can download directly from our site to your device using the Adobe Digital Editions app.
See more about downloading with an iOS device.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANDROID DEVICES
Depending on your device, and your own preferences, you may be able to transfer files using the free Dropbox app, via email or using an SD card. See the Bluefire support pages for options.
Some suggested instructions:
- On your Android device, download the free Bluefire Reader app from Google Play. You will use this app to read the ebook on your device.
- Open the Bluefire Reader app. You will be prompted to authorise it. Do so, using the same Adobe ID you used to register Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. (Note, if you are using a Mac, you will also need to a suitable file transfer application on your computer, such as Android File Transfer).
- You will be prompted with options for viewing or moving files. Choose Open device to view files. If you don’t see the prompt, select the device in the C drive under Portable Devices.
- Double click on Internal Storage, then the Bluefire folder, then Library.
- Copy the ebook from its location on your computer (e.g. on Windows: your-home-directory/Documents/My Digital Editions; e.g. on OSX: your-home-directory/Documents/Digital Editions) into the Bluefire/library folder.
- Disconnect your device.
- On your device, browse to the File Manager (My Library/File Manager/Bluefire/library). Tap the ebook you want to read.
- Choose Download to Bluefire reader. Select Just once.
- The Bluefire app will open. If you have not yet authorised, you may be prompted to do so. Make sure you use the same Adobe ID with which you’re authorised your computer.
- Choose Go to Library to view all the ebooks available on your app, or View Now to begin reading.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR KOBO DEVICES
Connect your Kobo eReader to your computer with a USB cable and select Manage Library.
- Start Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. If you were already using Digital Editions, restart it so that it will find your eReader and start the Device Setup Assistant.
- Click Authorise Device.
- Click Finished to complete the process.
- Your eReader will now be listed as one of your Bookshelves in Digital Editions. You can drag books from your Digital Editions library to the eReader icon to copy them to your eReader.
To transfer your ebook to your Kobo:
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Ensure that you have already downloaded your ebook to Adobe Digital Editions.
- In Digital Editions, drag the ebook from your library to the icon representing your Kobo eReader.
- Disconnect your Kobo eReader. Your eBook will now be available on your Kobo.
- For more instructions, see www.kobobooks.com/ade.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SONY DEVICES
First make sure you have installed the Sony Reader software on your computer:
- Connect your Sony Reader to your computer with a USB cable.
- Tap the Data Transfer Mode button that appears on your Reader’s display.
- Go to the Settings Drive that appears in My Computer on a PC, or on the Mac Desktop.
Start the installation by double clicking on the Setup Reader for PC file located there. The installer will download files from the internet and then install the Reader for PC (or Mac) software.
- To authorise your Sony Reader with Adobe Digital Editions:
- You’ll be asked to Authorise your Sony Reader with your Adobe account. Ensure to use the same Adobe ID with which you authorised your Adobe Digital Editions. If you don’t see this prompt, go to Edit > Preferences > Device and click the Authorise button.
To transfer files from Adobe Digital Editions to your device:
- Ensure you have downloaded your ebook in Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
- With your device still connected, select the Reader tab in the Reader for PC (or Mac) software and click the Sync Now button.
- All ebooks are copied to your Reader.
You cannot read ebooks purchased directly from us on Kindle readers, due to Amazon’s proprietary DRM. To read our ebooks on a Kindle, please purchase the title from Amazon.