The Macquarie Compact Dictionary is based on the complete Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition. It is an up-to-date record of the core of Australian English, and is available in a convenient Amazon Kindle compatible format which can also be set as the default dictionary on your Kindle device.
The Macquarie Compact Dictionary features:
- more than 50,000 words and phrases
- up-to-date entries such as cancel culture, deepfake, eco-anxiety, hygge, influencer, Me Too, ngangkari, single-use, social distancing
- pronunciations in the International Phonetic Alphabet
- idiomatic phrases
- illustrative phrases showing how a word is used in context
- free six-month subscription to Macquarie Dictionary Online